Rain Man

“It was Friday afternoon in the office of Babbitt Cars, Los Angeles. Charlie Babbitt was shouting on the phone.‘But I have waited five weeks for these cars. Where are they?’On another phone, Charlie’s secretary, Susanna, was talking to a customer. The customer waited six Lamborghini cars and he wanted them that day. Then a call came from the bank.”

    A man called Charlie Babbitt works at a car shop where sell old luxury cars. Suddenly, news about his father's death comes to him. In those days, the relationship with him is not good. After he knew the news, he decides to go back his home town with his girlfriend, Susanna, to get his inheritance, however his plan does not work well. In fact, he has a elder brother, who has a mental disability, so all the inheritance is for his care. He takes his brother out for a trip to get them. Knowing the purpose of visiting, Susanna gets angry and goes away. Then, he has to take care his brother. He remembers memories that they have  overcome many difficulties hard, while he was doing so. At the moment, he finds who Rain Man is. It changes his life.
     I did not expect true meaning of the title, 'Rain Man'. I finally understand. Their bond moved me. I learned that family member are precious, even though I some times argue with them through this story. 
     

コメント

  1. I'm interested in the meaning of the title. Your summary is easy to undersatand! I'll try to read this book next time:)

    返信削除

コメントを投稿