My Family and Other Animals

"After July came the cold winds and the grey skies of August. My family had all their usual illnesses. My mother and I had bad colds. My brother Leslie had a problem with his ears. My sister Margo's spots were worse than ever. Only my oldest brother, Larry, was healthy, but he found the rest of us very difficult to live with."   

     A family lives in England. Each member of the family has health problem and Larry believe it is cased by the wet weather. Then, the family decides to move to a the island of Corfu where is a wonderful place. Nobody speaks Greek but it is not a big problem. They meet a kind taxi driver and he take care of them . Moreover, the animals and plants of the beautiful island attracts Gerald, the youngest brother. Their house is always surrounded by a lot of animals and some of them are dangerous. That is how their new life starts.
    This story has warm atmosphere because the author describes the family and people who lives in the island humorously. Also, the cover of this book is cool. It reminded me of my home town, so I enjoyed reading.
   

コメント